Now enrolling for the January session. Session begins Monday, January 7th!
Welcome to HCSMasterClass in the Fundamentals of Becoming a Writer! In this course you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of breaking into writing, even if you are working on a one-time project (such as a cover letter or a project for work or school), or getting your feet wet as a freelance writer or a blogger;
- Gain an in depth understanding of the “how to”s for the four branches of “types of writers”;
- Discover innovative ways to market your writing, as well as your brand; and,
- Receive 1 weekly assignment for the duration of the course (totaling 4 assignments) to build your foundation in the craft, as well as receive feedback for each assignment.
- When do sessions begin?
Sessions begin on the first Monday of each month and last for four weeks.
2. I am looking for something to help me write my cover letter, will this course help me?
Absolutely! The fundamentals of writing are pretty cross-disciplinary, as in they apply to several different types of writing – be it creative, technical, or free form blog-style. The added benefit is that a solid foundation in writing not only gets your foot in the door with a good cover letter and resume, but studies have shown that increased writing skills affect overall workplace performance.
3. How much does it cost?
$50 a session. Sessions are four weeks long and include four, graded (with feedback) assignments. Students may pay by signing up directly through the PayPal link in the sidebar on this webpage.